Interactive Investor looks ahead to 2017

Welcome to the homepage for all our commentary, analysis and videos for 2017, including market forecasts and investment ideas from our expert journalists and the City of London's finest.

Check back to stay up to date with our latest content on the year ahead and what it could mean for your portfolio.

If you'd like a regular dose of our expert company analysis, diverse investment ideas and technical insights, you can register for our daily and weekly newsletters by signing up here for free.

inline pic 1

374395
By: Harriet Mann I Mon, 9th January 2017 - 14:09
Top 10 small-cap share tips for 2017

AIM has outperformed all the other major domestic indices since Trump won the US election. Now, Harriet Mann reveals this expert's best small-cap trades for this year.

By: Andrew Pitts, Helen Pridham I Mon, 9th January 2017 - 10:22
Revealed: Interactive Investor's Rated ETFs for 2017

ETFs have become an increasingly popular way to track stockmarket gains. Here, we explain the reasoning and selection criteria for our new shortlist of 98 Rated ETFs.

By: Lee Wild I Fri, 6th January 2017 - 13:06
Top bid targets for 2017

The pound is weak and debt is cheap, so why wouldn't overseas buyers pick up a bargain over here? Lee Wild reveals the City's top bid targets for this year.

By: Kyle Caldwell I Fri, 6th January 2017 - 09:25
Predictions for 2017: FTSE 100, gold and oil

This is the time of year when experts across the board gaze into their crystal balls. Kyle Caldwell rounds-up the latest predictions for the FTSE 100, gold and oil.

By: Stephen Eckett I Fri, 6th January 2017 - 04:02
History lessons may shape the stockmarket in 2017

Historical patterns help shape stockmarket performance, explains Stephen Eckett. Find out how US presidential elections, the Chinese calender and January euphoria usually impacts equities.

By: David Prosser I Fri, 6th January 2017 - 10:00
Uncertainty rules for UK market in 2017

Against an uncertain backdrop and a continuing focus on macro events, David Prosser paints the picture for the year ahead. Investors can still unearth rich pickings.

By: Malcolm Graham-Wood I Tue, 3rd January 2017 - 12:12
The Oil Man: Oil price in 2017, Pantheon Resources, Amerisur Resources

Oil industry analyst Malcolm Graham-Wood has seen it all. He gives Interactive Investor his opinion on the sector's top stories.

By: Darius McDermott at Chelsea Financial Services I Wed, 4th January 2017 - 11:31
Four niche funds to weather 2017's stormy markets

This year may rival 2016 for volatility, but some 'defensive' choices will do investors little good. Darius McDermott names specialist funds to do well in 2017.

By: Marina Gerner I Thu, 5th January 2017 - 11:04
Predictions for the economy and investments in 2017

Marina Gerner rounds up the latest comments from investment experts on what 2017 might bring.

By: Edmond Jackson I Fri, 30th December 2016 - 09:30
The Big Picture: Will the equities party last?

Overall, the outlook for 2017 looks positive, but with markets at record highs, Edmond Jackson has identified key risks to keep an eye on. At some point, there will be a moment of truth.

By: Andrew Hore I Fri, 30th December 2016 - 11:13
5 AIM share tips for 2017 alternative smaller UK companies profit growth invest

AIM has had a good year, but you can still find profitable, growing companies at reasonable prices. Former AIM writer of the year Andrew Hore names his five picks for 2017.

By: Richard Beddard I Thu, 29th December 2016 - 12:20
Six share tips for value investors in 2017

With value and profitability in mind as ever, companies analyst Richard Beddard picks out six shares with the strength to deliver returns for growth and income investors alike.

By: Tom Elliot I Fri, 30th December 2016 - 13:50
Tips for income seekers in 2017

Tom Elliott at deVere Group reckons equities are healthy, despite cyclical highs and abundant risk. He gives his view on the banks and tells where to find the tastiest income.

By: Nigel Green at deVere Group I Thu, 29th December 2016 - 16:40
Top three risks for investors in 2017

The outlook for 2017 looks strong, but there are three main risks investors need to be ready for as we go into the New Year. Nigel Green from de Vere Group explains.

By: John Burford I Wed, 28th December 2016 - 13:56
Chart of the week: Big profits surprise in 2017 technical analysis

A long-time contrarian, John Burford has already pocketed 200% profit from this miner this year. Here, the technical analyst explains why he expects an earnings bonanza in 2017, and where from.

By: Lee Wild I Fri, 23rd December 2016 - 09:00
Six share tips for 2017

Emboldened by the success of his 2016 tips, Lee Wild picks out six speculative growth and income shares he thinks should make substantial market gains in 2017.

By: Edmond Jackson I Fri, 23rd December 2016 - 09:14
Stockwatch: A reliable AIM outperformer for 2017

This AIM-listed share keeps beating expectations, and Edmond Jackson thinks it may do so again at the next results. That makes it a solid idea for 2017 and beyond.

By: Ben Hobson, Stockopedia I Wed, 21st December 2016 - 13:52
10 turnaround ideas for 2017

There have been some stunning turnaround stories in 2016. Here, Ben Hobson at Stockopedia screens the market for 10 more potential winners to watch over the next 12 months.

By: Lee Wild I Fri, 23rd December 2016 - 12:04
What's in store for FTSE 100 in 2017?

After a decent Christmas week, Lee Wild rounds up the action and discusses prospects for 2017. Here's wishing all our readers a very merry Christmas and prosperous new year!

By: Alistair Strang I Tue, 20th December 2016 - 09:00
Lloyds, Barclays and RBS charts for 2017 chart forecast banking sector UK

In a break from tradition, chartist Alistair Strang analyses what he thinks will be the most interesting sectors over the next 12 months.