Posts in LSE:CHRT

13 shares for the future

13 shares for the future

There are plenty of shares screaming 'buy', according to companies analyst Richard Beddard, and one that looks "very, very cheap".

Complicated Cohort is one to trust

Complicated Cohort is one to trust

On a superficial level Cohort shares should be a good long-term investment, believes analyst Richard Beddard who's just added some to his model portfolio. Here's why.

Six share tips for value investors in 2018

Six share tips for value investors in 2018

Companies analyst Richard Beddard uses his decision engine to identify the most resilient, adaptable, profitable and fairly run firms for both income and growth in 2018.

2 dependable growth stocks I’d buy before Christmas

Although revenues and profits at Cohort (LSE:CHRT) remain under pressure, I am confident that its long-term earnings picture remains solid.

The defence giant advised Wednesday that revenues dipped 10% in the six months to October, to £44.8m, while adjusted operating profit ducked 8% year-on-year to £3.6m. On top of this, it said order intake fell to £39.2m from £40.5m previously, and that its closing order book was down to £132.1m from £136.5m.

Cohort increases divi despite dip in profits

Cohort has maintained its full year guidance despite a fall in first half revenues and profits.

Revenues for the six months to the end of October fell to £44.8m from £50.0m and adjusted operating profits of £3.6m were down from £3.9m a year ago.

Order intake was £39.2m (2016: £40.5m) and the closing order book of £132.1m was down from £136.5m at the end of April.

The group declared an interim dividend of 2.55 pence per share up 16% and reflecting the board's confidence in the outlook.

The group said a stronger second half performance was i

Cohort: Agile And Responsive

Cohort continues to make progress in a tough UK defence trading environment. Our earnings forecasts remain largely unchanged as performances at MASS and EID continue ahead of expectations, compensating for pressures at MCL and SEA. Our fair value calculation currently stands at 483p implying significant unrecognised potential. The recent share price fall seems unwarranted given the maintained outlook.
Edison Investment Research
0b570420-f4f7-4136-9895-644384769371
No
https://indigo.bluematrix.com/indigo/Viewer.action?info=6W079KjBqlw2orH6tlW6gNiHHGoCLkmB54%2BOF6Swt0c%3D
Cohort PLC

Cohort plc - Results for the Six Months ended 31 October 2017

Description: 

Andrew Thomas, CEO, discusses the progress that Cohort has made in the Results for the Six Months ended 31 October 2017.

Cohort: Going To Plan

Cohort has announced that it has increased its holding in EID to 80% from 57% for the additional consideration of €3.97m from existing cash resources and debt facilities. The Portuguese government retains the remaining 20% and this is all in line with its previously announced strategy. EID brings new geographies, a good order pipeline and further growth opportunities. In addition, the company has indicated that it remains on course to meet FY18 expectations. HY18 results will be published on 13 December when we will adjust our forecasts for the increased holding.
Edison Investment Research
fc39a511-37eb-4e62-9c31-2c5d9986eac5
No
https://indigo.bluematrix.com/indigo/Viewer.action?info=6W079KjBqlzyJJ2fx6HmVNy3D8K0Tk4QR%2B7IYQGu7M0%3D
Cohort PLC

1 FTSE 100 dividend-growth share I’d buy and hold forever

While shares with high dividend yields are undoubtedly app1ealing in the short run, dividend growth could be more important in the long run. A business which is rapidly increasing its dividends each year could suggest to investors that it is very confident in its future prospects. This may lead to a rising share price as the stock market becomes more willing to place a premium valuation on the company in question.

Cohort completes second stage of EID acquisition

Cohort, the independent technology group, has acquired a further 23.09% of Empresa de Investigacao e Desenvolvimento de Electronica (EID) for €3,974,000 in cash.

This brings the group's holding to 80% at a total cost of €15,185,000, with the Portuguese government holding the remaining 20%.