Discussion Board Terms and Conditions
These rules describe the community practices of Interactive Investor Trading Limited (together referred to as 'we', 'us' 'our' or 'Company').
Registration for our Discussion Boards is free, but we do expect you to observe our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions, which are intended to make your use of this Site entertaining and informative.
Please read them carefully, if you post on our Discussion Boards you are agreeing to adhere to these terms.
These Terms and Conditions apply every time you post a message on our Discussion Boards.
- Your user name and password must only be used by you, keep them safe. If a posting is made using your name and password it will be considered to have been posted by you.
- You agree that you will not post any messages on any of our Discussion Boards that is either:
Unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, sexually explicit, pornographic or otherwise breaches our Discussion Board Terms and/or the General Site Terms and Privacy Policies
We want to encourage creative, original and thought-provoking discussions.
The discussion boards are not to be used as a free forum for the following
- Personal attacks on others, to make disparaging remarks about any person or entity.
- Interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Web Site. To encourage, incite, solicit, promote or provide information about illegal or criminal activities (including market manipulation, pornography, terrorism, explosives, weapons, drugs, programming viruses, computer hacking and copyright infringement )
- Content which abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or yourself;
- Victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- Infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party.
- Contains software viruses' computer codes, files or programs to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party.
- Impersonate any person or entity. Including any of our employees or representatives.
- Disrupt normal flow of dialogue
- Contain non related comments to the topic discussion. Example if related to a share or fund, keep to the subject.
- Discussion is not acceptable in any other language except English, and must not be in a manner deemed inappropriate by ourselves.
- You agree you will never intentionally create market abuse by making false, misleading statements relating to investment prices and performances. Market abuse is an offence which could lead to fines or imprisonment.
- You agree that you will not post, either intentionally or otherwise, any material that could have the effect of manipulating the market value of any investment. This is strictly prohibited under the Market Abuse Directive and could lead to fines or imprisonment.
- You must not offer to buy or sell any investment or product or use the discussion boards to advertise any product or service.
- You agree that you will not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law. You should only post material that you know to be public knowledge. If you have any doubts do not post it on the site.
- You will not retaliate to offensive posts. This causes problems for other users on the discussion boards. You must report such messages to us using the Neighbourhood Watch function which is available on every discussion message. We will fully investigate every report we receive.
If you see or receive any communication in our Community area that does not comply with these Terms or that you consider is inappropriate, please report this immediately via the Neighbourhood Watch facility.
Unless we are notified via Neighbourhood Watch of a message that is not in keeping with these Terms we cannot remove it.
We do not monitor the Discussion boards nor do we exercise any form of editorial control or censorship of any message on the discussion boards.*
- At all times keep your messages relevant and 'on topic'. There are approximately 65,000 discussion boards on the Site one of them should be suitable, if not please let us know and, if appropriate we will create a discussion board just for you.
- Never attempt to gain unauthorised access to any area of the Site. This is known as hacking and it is illegal.
- You must not create multiple identities, this is strictly prohibited. Any user found to have multiple identities will be removed from our website permanently. If you have difficulty accessing or using a particular discussion board please contact us. For all other queries please call the our Contact Centre on 0845 200 3637 or email [email protected]
- Remember, the details you supply and all messages are recorded and kept, including your originating IP address and this information may have to be disclosed to any regulatory or criminal authority or third party, and law enforcement agencies will be able to trace your activity to a specific machine, whether or not you use a fake or real name or email address.
- You expressly understand and agree that neither Interactive Investor Trading Limited nor its affiliates will accept any responsibility for information posted on the discussion boards or any investment decisions made based on any information posted on any discussion board on the Site. You further understand that we make no warranties in respect of, nor do we guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any content posted in the Discussion Board and Community areas.
- If we receive notice that any posting or your intended use of the Discussion Boards is not in keeping with these Terms, Interactive Investor Trading Limited may remove that posting and/or any other related postings and/or disable your user name and password, permanently or temporarily and take all such steps as may be necessary to protect the company's position.
*Disclaimer: Quotes from the boards may be used in news articles as these are purely for editorial comment.