Facebook Market Leader Challenge Game
Win a cash prize in our monthly Facebook Market Leader Challenge game (terms apply*)
Our share dealing game lets you explore and trade the markets in a risk-free environment and pitch yourself against your Facebook friends and other traders. Improve your trading skills and you’ll get a chance to top the Leaderboard.
At the end of each monthly trading period the player with the most profits will get a cash amount (up to £250*) added to their new or existing Interactive Investor investment account.
We’d love more people to know about the Market Leader Challenge and Interactive Investor. So help us to spread the word this month about our Market Leader Challenge and Interactive Investor facebook pages and we’ll base the size of the cash prize on the total number of new likes we get for both pages (up to a total of £250).
So, for example, if we have a combined total of 250 additional new likes at the end of the competition period, we’ll add £250 into the winner’s Interactive Investor trading account!
Go the Market Leader Challenge game.
How it works
Please note, you’ll need a Facebook account to play Market Leader Challenge.
Taking part in our exciting monthly challenge is easy and fun to do:
- Once you’re logged in to Facebook, go to Market Leader Challenge and click on Play Game.
- By playing the game, you’re agreeing to our terms (see below*).
- Your Market Leader Challenge account will automatically be funded with £10,000 of virtual cash.
- On the home page of the game you’ll find a list of some of the most popular companies on the London Stock Exchange. Simply buy and sell your choice of shares based on the real-time prices provided, using your skill and judgment.
- Remember, trading costs still apply. At the end of the month we will sell all your holdings at a £10 trading fee per holding.
- Anytime you want to resume trading, login to your Facebook account and find Market Leader Challenge in your apps selections.
- The player who makes the most profit at the last trading day of the month is the winner!
- Real time prices – All prices shown will be in real time – which allows you to have a realistic risk-free experience of trading the markets.
- Commission and Stamp Duty charges – Remember to factor in commission and stamp duty charges to your trading strategy. You’ll be charged a flat commission fee of £10 to buy and sell each holding, and stamp duty at the prevailing rate to buy shares (for UK shares this rate is 0.5%). At the end of the month we’ll sell any holdings you have at £10 each. The player with the most profit will be the winner for that month.
- Limited selection of companies - Each month we’ll select the most popular companies on the London Stock Exchange for you to buy and sell. This gives you a manageable number of stocks to consider and puts you and your competitors on a level playing field.
- Company information – To get detailed information, you can click on any company name to see the company factsheet on the Interactive Investor website. Hovering over the company name will give you a quick summary.
- Help – You can click on any of the info icon at any time for help on how to play the game.
- Check your progress – You can see how you’re doing at any time by clicking on the Leaderboard tab in your account. See how you’re doing against everyone or just your friends.
When does the competition start and finish?
The competition starts the first weekday of each month at 08:00am GMT and ends at the last weekday of the month at 16:30pm GMT.
How can I see how I’m doing against my friends?
You can see how well you’re competing against your Facebook friends or against everyone playing. Click on Leaderboard on the top menu, and choose the Overall or Friends option.
How do you choose the winner?
At the end of each month we’ll stop the game and close everyone’s positions. Remember, you’ll be charged a virtual £10 to sell any holdings you have. Once everyone’s holdings have been converted to virtual cash, the person left with the most profit will be the winner.
How do I know if I’ve won?
We will send you a Facebook message within 7 days after the competition has closed each month and get some details from you. If we have not contacted you within the 7 days please email us at email@example.com to claim your prize. We’ll then arrange for the cash prize to be added to your Interactive Investor trading account. If you don’t have an account, we’ll help you to set one up.
What happens to the prize if I don’t have a trading account with you?
We’ll help you set up a trading account with us so we can deposit your cash prize into it.
How do I find which companies I can trade?
When you login to Market Leader Challenge you’ll see a list of company names in the home tab. Click on the buy/sell button to get a quote and buy.
How can I review my portfolio?
You can review your portfolio at any time by clicking on Portfolio on the top menu bar.
How do I decide which companies to buy and sell?
This is the part of the game where you need to use your skill and judgement. You can research all the investments listed on the Interactive Investor website at www.iii.co.uk.
Can I carry over my trading profits into the next month’s challenge?
No. Any virtual money left in your account will be removed at the end of each month. To play the next month’s game simply search for Market Leader Challenge in Facebook and sign up for the next month’s game.
Do I need to start the game again each month?
Yes, you’ll need to sign up for the game each month. Simply search for Market Leader Challenge in Facebook and sign up for the next month’s game.
Can I see who’s won the Challenge in previous months?
Yes. You can see who’s won by clicking on Previous Winners on the top menu bar.
Terms & Conditions for Market Leader Challenge game accessed through Facebook and http://www.iii.co.uk/ ("the Competition") and websites authorised to offer access to the Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Interactive Investor Plc. Address: Standon House, 21 Mansell Street, London E1 8AA (referred to hereinafter as "the Promoter").
- The Competition is free to enter and is open to all persons who are resident in the UK, excluding employees and relatives of employees of Interactive Investor Plc.
- The Competition is open to individuals who are 18 years of age, or older.
- The competition starts at 14:00pm GMT on Thursday, 2 May and closes at 16.30pm GMT on Friday, 31 May 2013.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the Promoter, associated companies, or the organiser, its agents or assigns for lost, delayed, incomplete or electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered. Any such entries or notifications will be deemed void.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications or for any technical failure, malfunction or difficulty or for any event, which may cause the Competition or game to be disrupted or corrupted.
- One entry per Facebook account to play in the Market Leader Challenge.
- All persons will need access to the Internet to play in the Market Leader Challenge.
- One cash prize, per month, will be paid into the winner’s Interactive Investor trading account.
- The amount of the cash prize will be determined as follows: Before the end of the first day of the Challenge Interactive Investor will take a count of the combined number of Facebook page likes for our Interactive Investor Facebook page, found at: https://www.facebook.com/interactiveinvestors and our Market Leader Challenge Facebook page, found at: https://apps.facebook.com/iiichallenge/. This number will be published on the Market Leader Challenge home page. On the final day of the competition Interactive Investor will take another count of the combined number of Facebook page likes for both pages. The prize amount will be based on the combined total number of additional likes, with each like representing £1, up to a limit of £250. As an example, if there has been an overall, combined increase of 250 Facebook likes from both pages, the cash prize amount will be £250.
- The prize will be awarded to the highest ranked entries received from players, referred to herein as "*WINNER", or as specified from time to time in the "rules" of each competition or game or as decided upon by the Promoter at its sole discretion and whose decision is final.
- No cash alternative will be given and the Promoter reserves the right to change any of the prizes at any time without notice.
- The judge or judges to the Competition retain the right (at his/her or their sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant who in the judge's opinion fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via Facebook within 7 working days after the closing date of each competition or game each month which may occur entirely at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The winner will receive the Market Leader Challenge cash prize in their Interactive Investor trading account within 10 working days of being contacted and confirmed as the winner. For winners who do not already have an Interactive Investor trading account, they will need to open an account and will receive the cash prize within 10 working days of having their account confirmed (opening an account typically takes under 10 minutes).
- The winners will be deemed to consent to the use of their names and likeness for publicity and commercial purposes without notice or compensation and agree without reservation to comply with the terms of the granting of the prize(s) including, but not limited to, making themselves available in respect of the receipt of the prizes if so required.
- For a list of winners' names please see the previous winners.
- By entering the Competition and the game, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other company or person connected with the Promoter nor their agents or assigns shall have any liability or obligation whatsoever to any participant in the Competition or game.
- Entry to the game is made according to instructions given on the Facebook page of the game, including but not limited to each game player selecting shares in which to "invest" the fantasy cash. The object of the game is to choose and accumulate shares which, together with any residual cash savings or cash in hand, have increased the value of the player’s portfolio by the end of the game. The portfolio with the greatest value wins. If there is more than one winner, these winners names will be placed in a draw and one will be chosen at random.
- The Promoter has the right to review transactions and reverse any that they do not believe would ordinarily have been possible in normal trading conditions, for example caused by erroneous pricing data or a software problem.