Campaign against organized short-selling......
..... and more control on unjustified deramping/ramping?
did ya vote, now at 3,628 votes (they can't all be wrong?)
No one hears 'whispers'...it's just another ruse to get pi's to buy or sell ?
Watch out for the very 'nice' posters that are 'sympathetic' but constantly use phrases like "sorry to say"... "going down big time, i'm afraid"... "told you so" ... "placing on its way, more dilution"...."News on its way"....."there must be a leak, it's a duster"..."been in this for years and still losing money"....."the BoD stinks"....."whispers from the City"...."take-over rumours"
.....IF they're about it's a cert they'll panic out 'long holders'...?
Tried to sell my CFD contracts today at 581 and 580 but IG wouldn't let me. Says I was trying to sell too many shares and needed to call to have the contracts broken down. Thats never happened before. Curious as the price then fell away by over 10p!
Back from a months holidy and while away I couldn,t resist going long by CFD @ 497.8. As of now I have just added another long @532, weighted average opening of 514.9.
I,m looking at a C&H pattern (cup & handle) on the weekly chart in an ascending triangle that also appears to be a bull flag. C&H targets of 646 (cup) and 616 (handle) but I'll settle for resistance of a rising weekly channel at 592-596.
Just in case I also have a FTSE short as cover as is my want!
I still fancy an iH&S to play out in which neckline is now a confirmed break up which is why I,ll keep the 466 and 484 running. I may look to reenter if I see neckline at 520 being tested but this has been a good set of trades and it does no harm to take some profits!!
OK, thats me having closed the 501 at 516.5 and using the profits to close out the FTSE short from 6263 at 6422. This was pretty much a balanced trade so there was essentially no nett gain or loss except that I am now safely long BOY at 466 and 484.
Well that,s me back in on what I hope will be the first of several CFD contracts. While I may have bailed out prematurely at 426, I,m happy to be back in at 483 after a 12% or so pullback from recent highs.
Just in case the market takes a further turn for the worse I,ll hedge this with a FTSE short @6263 until I see a confirmed trend change!
I know 9sigh!!). I wished I had never sold but then I did buy GKN, MGGT, HILS and FENR so I can,t complain. Looking very hard at getting back in now the price has come back under 500.
Agree its a great company but I had doubted this would so cleanly break major resistance at 438 and then I just failed to pick it back up on a backtest -price never quite got back down to test 438 after hitting 492. And by then I had moved on!
Sin, why did you sell???? This is a great company! It is like FLTR, unless the world turns on its head you don't sell, Companies like this are for keeping. If they drop you buy more, if they go up you buy more!.
These boards are populated by people who double up on losers, but who cannot bring themselves to buy great Companies at higher prices. Don't be one of them!!!
closed BOYx3 @426, average buy in was 360. Sorry, just couldn't let the profits run on this one!
I,m getting an uneasy feeling here, over 3% rise in one day is too much for me to handle, even though I now see the FTSE rising to 5965ish before the next major correction. BOY stochs as of last night looked close to rolling over. Account is up over 30% and I don't want to see it collapse. On the other hand I worry it will be just like SMDS and HILS -keeps rising! It seems you can be just as uneasy with reward as with risk so based on the same emotions I'm jumping out. Better to be safe than sorry or trapped and won't hesitate to jump back in on any weakness.
Well I reckon we are now potentially about to hit major resistance at 405-407 by both descending trendline and a measured move target of the second leg up since 15Oct12 low. Buying volume has been very light these past few days which could indicate exhaustion and therefore an imminent turn but my gut says buyers may be waiting to see if we break the desc. t/l and may well step in on vol if and when we see 408+. I could sell up and take a sizeable profit for my three positions but I think I will stick with my 415 and 440 longer term targets and therefore will buy any pullback or any breakout. Fundamentals support a breakkout IMHO and I have a target of 5965 on the FTSE before the next significant corrective phase. That said, global macroeconomic stability may be an ongoing concern, esp with the IMF threatening to walk away from Greece because of EU intransigience on writing down public/gov't debt.
Since topping up I see that Aerospace and Defence as a sector has found and bounced nicely from support at 3672+/-5 (IG sector charts). I suspect that after being heavily oversold since mid Sept 2012 it will now rise to 4000 and test Sept 2012 highs. This should be good news for BOY which I see testing 409+/-1 pretty soon IMHO. Now I just need GKN and MGGT to pick up their act. Still looking to buy back into HILS.
Doubled up on BOY @ 380. Adding to my long positions @ 334.5 and 346.
Divi 3.3% @ x2.9 cover.
BOY has expanded nicely into North America where it makes over 1/3 of its revenue and growing, more than compensating for any softness seen in western europe (recent IMS). Like GKN this is an engineer with exposure in both the ADE (Aerospace, defense, energy) and AGI (automotive and general Industrials) sectors. It recently acquired parts of Curtiss-Wright metal works (Carolina Commercial Heat Treating) which was a major niche competitor in specialist metallurgical services (providing heat treatments, hot isostatic pressing, metallurgical coatings and materials testing services to industries such as power generation, automotive, railway and general engineering).
What I like about BOY as stated in their recent IMS is that they have diverse clients and are not dependent on any major customer. Also, compared to its Nth Am peers it is trading at a significant discount on P/E at 10.9 (based on concensus estimates of 35 eps) compared to 15.0 & 18.6 for Curtiss-Wright and Gilbraltar Ind respectively. The FTSE250 is also trading with an average P/E of 18.9. Thus fundamentally I see ample scope for a minimum 10% SP rise. Initial target 439 which happens to be April2012 high. I'm hoping BOY will remain a long-term hold!
Chart shows huge volume yesterday on a tight trading range. Hoping this does not reflect distribution, rather consolidation before the next move up. Otherwise no notable chart features of merit as to why one should buy now.
Just run my numbers again following results. Clearly top line growth in 2012 will be less but there is no reasons why margins might not creep up even more. And with such a great result in 2011 it would be very strange if management hadn't held a bit back for 2012 anyway. But the real key is the huge cashflow and as the company moves into positive cash how that cash is utilised: If used well there is a case to value BOY at over £6.
I have been using these uncertain markets to increase my equity exposure by way of quality companies. This company is one imho. I have held these previously but sold out around the 350p level but, this seems not a bad level to buy back in with a view to adding some more if the market has further major setback. The Company's European exposure has not helped the share price but, it is interesting to see that Bodycote is continuing its expansion into emerging markets. Take over speculation continues while the yield of 3.4% is not to be sneezed at by those happy enough to show some patience. I bought today at 260p
Important message from the Financial Conduct Authority:
Posting inside information that is not public knowledge, or information that is false or misleading, may constitute market abuse.
This could lead to an unlimited fine and up to seven years in prison.
If you have any information, concerns or queries about market abuse, click here.
The content of the messages posted represents the opinions of the author, and does not represent the opinions of Interactive Investor Trading Limited or its affiliates and has not been approved or issued by Interactive Investor Trading Limited.
You should be aware that the other participants of the above discussion group are strangers to you and may make statements which may be misleading, deceptive or wrong.
Please remember that the value of investments or income from them may go down as well as up and that the past performance of an investment is not a guide to its performance in the future.
The discussion boards on this site are intended to be an information sharing forum and is not intended to address your particular requirements.
Whilst information provided on them can help with your investment research you need to consider carefully whether you should make (or refraining from making) investment or other decisions based on what you see without doing further research on investments you are interested in.
Participating in this forum cannot be a substitute for obtaining advice from an appropriate expert independent adviser who takes into account your circumstances and specific investment needs in selected investments that are appropriate for you.