Surely there could be some useful information available.-"operations at the mine continue at pace". Running, walking or give my head pace?
When full production is likely to be reached and what it is likely to be, would be more appropriate.
Kenv was one of the investors like Paternoster around 2012 as in the info below.
I this still a kenv investment or has that gone now.
I have been holding these shares for years pre-consolidation but don't really keep up with what is going on.
Paternoster Resources, one of the investors, was used to complete the acquisition of property in Wisconsin, on which deposits of Northern White sand are located.
"These deposits are well located to supply the oil shale areas in northern USA, including the Bakken Shale area in North Dakota which is one of the largest oil deposits in the US.
I think we were quite lucky that we were suspended when the markets took a tumble, as we don't seem to have been impacted. Most importantly, it's good to see that the shipments continue and we now appear to be speaking to two other interested parties.
Kennedy Ventures plc ("Kennedy Ventures" or "the Company), the AIM quoted investment company who, through its stake in African Tantalum (Pty) Limited ("Aftan"), has an interest in the Namibia Tantalite Investment Mine in Namibia, is pleased to provide an operational update.
· Fourth shipment of industry leading high-grade tantalum to its customer, a global North American leading tantalum consumer and end user of our tantalum ore ("the Customer"), with the recent shipment reaching grades of over 51% purity
· Communication continues with a potential second customer around supply of tantalum
· Aftan has initiated discussions with a third potential customer
· Aftan has hired additional personnel to increase plant efficiencies including an exploration geologist, interim Chief Finance Officer and senior metallurgist
· Aftan has begun working with two different environmental groups to consider further plant upgrades with the planning of a new Tailings Dam
Aftan continues to focus on delivering industry leading quality tantalum shipments from the NTI mine to the Customer and is pleased to note a fourth shipment with a grade of over 51% has been delivered to the Customer. This most recent shipment reiterates Aftan's focus on the quality of its shipments which continue to improve as the plant is upgraded further, attracting the attention of two further potential customers in addition to the primary Customer.
Aftan has made significant progress on further exploration at the mine with the first 100 drill core samples sent to ALS Group as part of the process to better understand the Homestead and Lepidolite ore bodies. To aid the process, Aftan has hired an exploration geologist whose primary focus will be to guide further core drilling.
In line with our continued focus to improve plant efficiencies, Aftan has made further additions to its team based at the mine, hiring Mr John Fahy as Interim Chief Finance Officer and Mr Odilon Ilunga as a metallurgist. Both join with significant and highly valuable experience.
Initial environmental studies have also begun with two environmental groups engaged to consider the effects of a new Tailings Dam to increase water capacity for the mine.
Background to new personnel
John Fahy joins the Company with 40 years of cross-sector experience, most recently as Managing Director of Nampak, the largest packaging company in South Africa. John has held various financial auditing consulting positions and was also a Director and Owner of National Spice Group which was later sold to the Bidvest Group.
Mr Odilon Ilunga is a Lecturer at the University of Namibia and has worked in the mining industry for over 17 years. A resident of Namibia, Mr Ilunga's career has been focused on the overseeing and managing of Mineral Processing Plants in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Namibia.
Larry Johnson, CEO of Kennedy Ventures, commented:
"Operations at the Mine continue at pace and the business remains in robust health with our shipments continuing to improve in quality; satisfying our Customer's stringent requirements.
Further customer interest is testament to the dedication and hard work of the team at the mine and could not have been done without the ongoing support and patience of our shareholders. We remain focused on and excited about our investment in Aftan and look forward to updating the market as further milestones are achieved through 2018."
I still can't work out whether it's incompetence or whether there's something bigger going on behind the scenes.
Either way, they better make damn sure there's plenty of good news lined up when this comes out of suspension in March.
Mining outfit Kennedy Ventures, who's shares are suspended pending the release of results for the year to 30 June has provided a progress report on their announcement.
The company confirms that BDO, the auditors to Kennedy's Namibian subsidiary companies, have now largely completed their audit work and have confirmedthat they will be in a position to provide audit sign off to the group auditors no later than 26 February 2018.
Following receipt of BDO's audit sign off for the subsidiary accounts, the group auditors will require approximately two weeks to complete their audit work. Upon completion of the audit work the company says it will publish their audited group accounts without delay.
Larry Johnson, CEO of Kennedy Ventures, commented: 'Despite the frustration of the suspension, something that was outside of our control and which we are doing everything we can to bring to a quick conclusion, business at the mine continues to operate as normal and we look forward to providing a detailed operational update to shareholders in due course.
'The board of directors continue to look to the future with confidence.'
As mentioned, it shows that good progress has been made this year to get the mine running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
I am optimistic in the medium to long term, but better communication and clearer goals and timelines are important when trading resumes.
- Aftan's third shipment of industry leading high purity tantalum has been sent to its customer, a global North American leading tantalum consumer and end user of our tantalum ore, with a fourth shipment currently being tested by a third party before being sent
- Drilling commenced on two exploration campaigns in the Homestead and Lepidolite locations to evaluate further resource potential around the NTI mine
- The MSA Group, Aftan's competent person, drilled over 400 metres, with cores being cut and organised to be sent out to ALS Laboratories before the year end. Aftan employed a second geologist, experienced in exploration, for approximately one quarter to aid this program
Further successful plant upgrades and purchases:
- Installation of dam under the thickener for improved water recirculation
- Installation of larger slurry pumps for increased run time efficiency and through put maximisation
- Bulk Diesel Tanks installed, with first diesel delivery expected before year end
- Two additional boreholes drilled
- Additional water pumps fitted and installed
- Further solar panels have been installed
- Two 60k litre dams have been purchased
A successful visit by the customer and a second potential customer took place in Q4 2017. The second potential customer began an audit of the NTI mine and intends to continue discussions with the company in Q1 2018.
In conjunction with its own preliminary studies, Aftan engaged with a third party environmental expert to consider the safest and most efficient way of using water from the nearby Orange River in order to aid increased production at the NTI mine.
Aftan continues to focus on delivering its shipments of industry leading quality tantalum from the NTI mine to the customer and is pleased to note that a third shipment has been delivered to the customer.
Aftan is currently having a fourth shipment assay tested by a third party and will update shareholders upon its final delivery to the customer.
In line with its production requirements defined by its customer, Aftan continues to upgrade the NTI mine with the successful installation of a dam under the thickener to capture water from the mine's cyclone which is then recirculated back into the system.
Aftan has also installed larger slurry pumps with improved wear casings and impellors which will continue improving the mine's run time efficiency and through put.
Bulk diesel tanks were installed with first diesel delivery expected before year end. Aftan also added two more boreholes, additional pumps, solar panels and two 60k litre dams to the plant which will be installed in the near future.
Aftan was delighted this quarter to host the customer, as well as a second potential customer, at the mine. The company was also pleased to note that the second potential customer began an audit of the mine and wishes to meet with Aftan in Q1 2018 to continue supply discussions.
As Aftan continues to consider future-proofing of the mine and meet the production ramp up schedule, it contracted a third party environmental expert to begin the process of achieving certified rights to bring water from the Orange River as well as to establish certification to move potentially hazardous materials.
Aftan also secured a new agreement with a local supplier for fixed pricing of all of Aftan's personal safety equipment and for a consignment of repeat usage items. This reduces lead time and improves working capital, moving Aftan to a fixed cost model and increasing Aftan's local country spend.
1. Didn't mention anything about water bore holes results
2. Lithium operation - diamond drilling programme commenced on 16 October 2017, didn't say when the results due
3. A second shipment tantalum is currently in transit to customer ++
4. the customer site visit in first week of Nov
5. A second potential Customer?
++18/09/2017 RNS said- Aftan's second shipment has been sent with the third expected to be delivered during Q4 with further shipments to follow. Does it mean the shipment takes more than a month?
Kennedy Ventures plc ("Kennedy Ventures" or "the Company), the AIM quoted investment company, who through its stake in African Tantalum (Pty) Limited ("Aftan") has an interest in the Namibia Tantalite Investment Mine ("NTI") (historically referred to as Tantalite Valley Mine) in Namibia, is pleased to provide an operational update.
· A second shipment of industry leading high purity tantalum is currently in transit to Aftan's customer, with further shipments planned before years end in line with our ramp up agreement with the Customer.
· Plant upgrades continue with the installation and commissioning of the Primary Crusher, which is performing well. New number one and number two screens along with new conveyors in the crusher circuits have been installed, allowing for a more ergonomic and consistent sizing flow, significantly increasing efficiency.
· Our current North American Global Customer will be visiting the NTI mine the first week of November and will be reviewing the changes we have implemented along with continued discussions of our ramp plan since their last visit.
· A second potential Customer will be performing a thorough audit of our systems as well as discussing around potential supply.
· Closed on a multi-year bulk diesel agreement with the local government, Namcor, which will increase our logistics efficiency, utilising a 23kltr tank and pump system with a once a month delivery at well below pump pricing costs
· Negotiations with the Miners Union ("MUN") has resulted in a newly signed multi-shift agreement being agreed, in line with previous announcements. This is expected to be signed this week by the Minister of Labors Office.
· In the process of securing a fixed cost agreement with a local supplier for Personal Protective Equipment ("PPE"), eliminating variable cost from operations and continues our country based spend improvements.
· Recent pegmatite mapping by The MSA Group, whom have been working on behalf of a subsidiary of Kennedy Ventures plc, Tameka Shelf Company Four (PTY) Ltd, has confirmed the presence of a number of Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum (LCT) type pegmatites that are considered to be highly prospective for lithium and tantalite mineralization. The mapping was used to design the current diamond drilling programme, which commenced on 16 October 2017 with additional drilling being planned to commence immediately after the current programme.
New Installations and plant upgrades continue at the NTI mine which is now producing Tantalum grades at world class levels, as required by its end user a leading manufacturer of electronic components. Our second shipment has been sent and the company is confident that it will be able to deliver further shipments before year end. The Customer is planning to visit the site in the first week of November to view the plant upgrades since their last visit in May. Along with this, a second potential Customer will be performing a thorough audit of the plant with a view to potentially arranging shipment.
The MSA Group, whom have been working on behalf of a subsidiary of Kennedy Ventures plc, Tameka Shelf Company Four (PTY) Ltd, have recently completed a pegmatite mapping exercise at Tantalite Valley. The results of which have confirmed the presence of a number of Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum (LCT) type pegmatites that are considered to be highly prospective for Lithium and Tantalite mineralization. The mapping has so far been used to design the current diamond drilling programme, which commenced on 16 October 2017, this programme is focused on the pegmatites known to contain lepidolite and spodumene lithium mineralization in addition to tantalite mineralization. Additional drilling is planned to commence immediately after the current programme with the intention to define a Mineral Resources on the most prospect
it close over 5p (despite what it says on here), although I'm not going to get too interested until it gets back above 6p comfortably away from the Placing price and I can believe that we're back on track from earlier in the year.
TBTT - there is no insider trading here. Pi didn't like operational update RNS because there wasn't much details in it and many pi started selling the shares. Hence, share price dropped. Then Tracarta bought those cheap shares.
Important message from the Financial Conduct Authority:
Posting inside information that is not public knowledge, or information that is false or misleading, may constitute market abuse.
This could lead to an unlimited fine and up to seven years in prison.
If you have any information, concerns or queries about market abuse, click here.
The content of the messages posted represents the opinions of the author, and does not represent the opinions of Interactive Investor Trading Limited or its affiliates and has not been approved or issued by Interactive Investor Trading Limited.
You should be aware that the other participants of the above discussion group are strangers to you and may make statements which may be misleading, deceptive or wrong.
Please remember that the value of investments or income from them may go down as well as up and that the past performance of an investment is not a guide to its performance in the future.
The discussion boards on this site are intended to be an information sharing forum and is not intended to address your particular requirements.
Whilst information provided on them can help with your investment research you need to consider carefully whether you should make (or refraining from making) investment or other decisions based on what you see without doing further research on investments you are interested in.
Participating in this forum cannot be a substitute for obtaining advice from an appropriate expert independent adviser who takes into account your circumstances and specific investment needs in selected investments that are appropriate for you.