Excellent point we pay enough in charges already, and a good suggestion, I will line up a selection to study and track performance. RDI, NRR, ASLI and AEW were already in view. SIHL is effectively property? High street retail, london office space and residential / student property / ground rent grazing lack appeal but maybe that is false sentiment.
" ...I will probably be back, or maybe into a trust-of-property trusts if there is such a thing "
What, two layers of management charges? Perish the thought!
Why not create your own portfolio of property trusts? Works for me - NRR, BLND, RGL, RDI, AEWU so far. Several others on a watchlist but wary of possibly having too many eggs in one sector already. Never easy is it.
Quite agree this could be a good recovery bet and I hope you are right, I was having a bad day reviewing the number of high yielders in my portfolio which have turned into value traps or have been over-sold on crashing sentiment. When the sp stops sliding and the yield is confirmed as safe and sustainable I will probably be back, or maybe into a trust-of-property trusts if there is such a thing in order to spread the risk of backing a particular sector.
Despite positive reports of results, restructuring, portfolio adjustment, leverage reduction etc the sp of RDI has actually continued to jag down in determined fashion from 45p two years ago, and a dividend trim along the way. Now at a 5 year low, what will turn things upward? Fed up waiting for this to nose above 40p again, so I have quit today.
It feels like there are too many little property trusts launching or expanding with a niche focus, the next new one always with so much better prospects than the last. No property seems a good bet right now, but a portfolio without seems incomplete so I will be looking for alternatives.
A worrying time I think. I took a small but quick profit from these in 2015 and then stayed away until January this year thinking that the price was in recovery mode, (foolish by name and thought) Being on a looser I am holding to the next report and hoping for some good news for the anticipated dividend in May Its one of those shares that you see little written about
Down ~28% in three months and now "the Placing Price would not be at a discount of more than 10 per cent to the middle market price of the Ordinary Shares at the time of agreeing the
Invitees only though.
Who knows, i just swopped (taking a profit on LMP) for this think that it was low in comparison to LMP, and as per the last post with with new shares being taken up at 54p it looked good value - i am holding and expecting (hoping) the capital gain will come with a reasonable divvi
"Standard Chartered man bails outLSE:STAN:Standard Chartered has rallied by a fifth since plunging to a six-year low in January. Replacing under-pressure chief executive Peter Sands with former JP Morgan chief Bill Winters in June has been ..."
"REDEFINE INTL (LSE:RDI) Â is a share which has been tending make small - but reliable - steps and now appears capable of near term moves above 57.75 leading to an initial 60p with secondary 63.4p. Critically, for those blessed with infinite ..."
I think the drop is because of the ADR issue which will dilute present holders.
But perhaps the co. will make some good acquisitions and then the share price could bounce back.
The share does appear overvalued but then it does have a high yield, some London Holiday Inns and perhaps some news in the offing.
There was never any explanation as to why the share price went up to just over 60p, and there is no explanation as to why it is now falling back, It has, however, retraced over 7% in 2014. That is a significant drop in my book and thus, as indicated in my previous message, I have now sold and crystallised/protected a 15% profit.
I still like this company and may well buy back in future once the current shenanigans have ended.
Conventional wisdom suggests that we should run the winners and ditch the losers, and this share is currently very much a winner.
Fundamentals: I note the comment that the sp currently exceeds nav but that nav could prove conservative. Note, for example, that todays rns refers to sale proceeds some 12.4% above book value as at 31 August 2013. We are, of course, coming out of recession and property values should rise in consequence. There is also the near 6% yield to consider, and this can be expected to rise as rental income and other receipts increase.
Technicals: The share price has been rising for the last year and is currently above both its 50 & 150 day moving averages, both of which are on a steep upward trajectory. In addition, its positive volume has been consistently rising over that period. Its relative strength index has been fairly volatile but is now back in the ascendancy.
I would not sell this share unless there is a significant drop in its price.
I did reckon on 2.8p being the fy sustainable divi after the restructuring, and this confirms that estimate. I'd say good value, happy to hold on indefinitely. Good yield, solidly asset backed, and well run. Not a raging buy because of the economy rather than because of the company - if we ever swing back into a bull economy, this could fly quite rapidly
So just sold the lot; nice gain from around 28p but there are better looking property companies out there. I really can't think why I bought them; perhaps it was an 'off' day but seemed to work out OK. gla
The consolidation was announced in the same prospectus as the Open Offer and is there on page one in bold lettering (see below).
If you are a shareholder in a company I really cant stress strongly enough just how important it is to read and understand any prospectus issued by that company. If you either can't or don't want to read them (they are often several hundred pages long) then you should seek advice from an appropriately qualified independent financial advisor.
Not doing anything during a Rights Issue/IOpen Offer is almost always the worst decision because of the dilution involved. However in this case you shouldn't have done too badly. However in many cases doing nothing will result in a considerable loss.
RMBL - sorry I'll take that with a pinch of salt as you appear to have pasted an extract from R I's proposal. Given that you have a total of 6 posts and 1 in the last 7 days I think your on a bit of a mini ramping exercise or a wind up and I haven't worked out which one applies! lol
Top quality management with shareholders' interests at the forefront and prepared to employ a bit of repetitional risk over the Gamma facility. They have said that they will "REIT". If they bring LTV's down to +/-60% then they are classic.
Yes, Im going along for the ride. This company has a parent with deep pockets so it should be a survivor in this shake out, although there must be an outside possibility of the LSE listing going if they dont get support here and end up with too large a %age shareholding. Meanwhile they have a plan and are getting through it firmly in the Gamma case they may even be able to cherry-pick in a fire sale of their own property, given the advantage of the Lehman funding being non-recourse mortgages on property rather than the usual company loans. I know I will regret saying it, but if 26p isnt the bottom then it must be getting close?
Yeah, I've more or less decided to take them up to - I was going to buy some Sainsbury in my income portfolio as a safe div, I figure long term this is a better div and very likely to be able to return the capital too over 5 years, so may as well.
I need income (retired) and the div is paid gross into my ISA - I am going to sell some badly performing units and bank shares to take up the offer - The estimated div will be about 10% yield paid gross so I hope to prosper slowly!! Any comments appreciated especially selling the HSBC shares?
The company wants to reduce the current loan to value ratio of 82.5 per cent. down to not more than 60 per cent. to achieve a long term stable capital structure from which a sustainable dividend can be distributed to Shareholder. And the Directors believe the current loan to value ratio is excessive, and should be reduced to provide a stronger capital base and lower financial leverage.
I'm keeping my shares for the next month or so. If the sp accommodates the share placing well then i'm holding. Also IC seem to have faith in the company too.
Important message from the Financial Conduct Authority:
Posting inside information that is not public knowledge, or information that is false or misleading, may constitute market abuse.
This could lead to an unlimited fine and up to seven years in prison.
If you have any information, concerns or queries about market abuse, click here.
The content of the messages posted represents the opinions of the author, and does not represent the opinions of Interactive Investor Trading Limited or its affiliates and has not been approved or issued by Interactive Investor Trading Limited.
You should be aware that the other participants of the above discussion group are strangers to you and may make statements which may be misleading, deceptive or wrong.
Please remember that the value of investments or income from them may go down as well as up and that the past performance of an investment is not a guide to its performance in the future.
The discussion boards on this site are intended to be an information sharing forum and is not intended to address your particular requirements.
Whilst information provided on them can help with your investment research you need to consider carefully whether you should make (or refraining from making) investment or other decisions based on what you see without doing further research on investments you are interested in.
Participating in this forum cannot be a substitute for obtaining advice from an appropriate expert independent adviser who takes into account your circumstances and specific investment needs in selected investments that are appropriate for you.