Expect further falls in the share price now that we have the onset of the harsh Canadian Winter.
Realistically I don't ever expect to see a return on my investment in this company or even break even. The company only seems happy when they have extended the mine life which guarantees job security and stuff the shareholders.
Let's hope the new appointment see's things differently.
About a 60 mil market cap at the moment with the number of shares in issue. With the price of copper looking good, maybe that's the driver behind the price rise ?
Reading recent RNS's I don't understand why the company that is currently holding 70% of Rambler shares after the dilution, isn't obliged to make a bid for the company..... Any ideas ?
Past 5 days have seen daily rises and with a welcomed broker upgrade yesterday even this has failed to raise any comments. Its been a long time coming but now the patient investors who topped up at the lows should now be in profit. Long may this run continue.
It all depends on how long it takes in 2017 to start extracting copper ore from the LFZ when the sun will (metaphorically) shine at least a little brighter - as long as there are lots of customers out there to buy the copper produced.
For once in my tryst with RMM I have a modicum of serious optimism that the way is now upwards. Smugly I would add that a month or so ago I felt that RMM could hardly drop any further without disappearing off the face of the earth and that was unlikely to happen so I bought in at 4.5p. So far I have been rewarded by knowing that thegain so far made now makes up for the loss I have incurred with my last purchase which was made just before RMM fell over the precipice.
Only another 2 purchases to cover (and an awful lot of money lost) to go.
yes in one month the copper price went from $2.1 lb to $2.6
we have a break even price of about $2.0 (or even a bit lower)
so if the copperprice stays over $2.5 we make serious money
pity about the massive dilution , it eroded my confidence in the management
Why just options ? That's a nice and easy risk free way for the insiders. How about they put some of their own cash up now and buy some shares on the open market like the rest of us have to if they company is supposed to be going places.
Been here since the early days and have seen my holdings decimated despite all the supposed profits that were made during the good times. Debt was paid off early and profits were good yet the management never put their own money in.
A load of massive dilution later and here we are again. Will any future profits be for the benefit of the shareholders this time I wonder ? Not holding my breath.
For those who are interested in and possibly already invested in Rambler, there is a recent company presentation on their website which indicates that provisional plans are in place to increase copper production to over 25 million pounds some time after 2017. The presentation confirms that the recently proposed cash injection has happened and that the investment in equipment needed to boost production is under way with a first target of 16 million pounds of annual copper production in the next two years.
At current copper prices production of 25 million pounds would give sales in excess of US$50 million. In addition sales of gold and silver would be on top - based on 2016 forecast production of silver and gold and using current prices - this could be a further US$10 million of sales.
If costs can be controlled, then a very decent profit should be achieved at this level of production and this would be without any benefit from a recovery in copper prices.
It appears that the reconstituted Board are keen to market Rambler to large institutions and the RNS issued on 22nd August confirming share options issuance confirms that options have been awarded to an outside investor relations consultant, Ms. Nicole Marchand, who has been appointed to assist the CEO. Both the CEO and the consultant now have a direct incentive to see the share price increase.
This might be an interesting time to buy in, but please check it out for yourself.
Good point. I find it a concern that no other directors, especially the senior directors, have any personal holding in Rambler. I have been tempted to buy in at this low price but the fact that no senior director has a holding screams "what do the know that I don't?" When I made my initial investments (circa 30 to 43 pence) this seemed a business with a very good future and potential for exponential growth. Harry Dobson (then Chairman, if memory is correct) had a holding of (I think) 3 million shares bought at around 30p. Then came Tinman and various institutions buying large swathes and all seemed to bode well.
Then came rapid decline including what appeared to be some kind of change of ownership/renaming/third party involvement. I have no idea where we stand on this one any more and another area of concern is the the company does not seem to respond to emails!!
If anyone has any information on what's happening, I'd be very interested to know.
In the meantime, I'm done with Aim shares and also with anything that doesn't pay a decent dividend.
Well I've been watching this one for quite a while....
Copper production in Q116 was up 33% totalling 1,272t Cu compared to Q415. Gold production was also up 33% totalling 1,986oz Au. Silver production was up 46% totalling 15,664oz Ag.
Q116 financial results expected on or before 18/12/15.
Could this be better news that nobody has spotted? If the increase turns into increase profits this will jump. I increased my holding at 2.90p....
It's highly speculative but probably worth a small punt
At this rate of decline and the onset of winter when no shipments will happen the future for Rambler looks pretty bleak. Compound that with the fall in copper prices, which will probably not start to recover until next April/May if indeed they do at all.
Why do the board not invest if they are that confident of keeping this open for another 21 years....
KM5: I think this is the wrong approach. Do not wait and hope it will reach 33p. Sell, move on and invest your money somewhere else where the prospects are higher to make some gain in the next 6, 12, 18 months. I do not see any hope for Rambler.
That is only my advice. Good luck to you whatever you decide!
Important message from the Financial Conduct Authority:
Posting inside information that is not public knowledge, or information that is false or misleading, may constitute market abuse.
This could lead to an unlimited fine and up to seven years in prison.
If you have any information, concerns or queries about market abuse, click here.
The content of the messages posted represents the opinions of the author, and does not represent the opinions of Interactive Investor Trading Limited or its affiliates and has not been approved or issued by Interactive Investor Trading Limited.
You should be aware that the other participants of the above discussion group are strangers to you and may make statements which may be misleading, deceptive or wrong.
Please remember that the value of investments or income from them may go down as well as up and that the past performance of an investment is not a guide to its performance in the future.
The discussion boards on this site are intended to be an information sharing forum and is not intended to address your particular requirements.
Whilst information provided on them can help with your investment research you need to consider carefully whether you should make (or refraining from making) investment or other decisions based on what you see without doing further research on investments you are interested in.
Participating in this forum cannot be a substitute for obtaining advice from an appropriate expert independent adviser who takes into account your circumstances and specific investment needs in selected investments that are appropriate for you.