2014 ISA allowance
2014 ISA allowance
Why Start Investing Now?
Instead of waiting until the last minute, you can start investing in your ISA now to:
- Spread your market exposure and risk evenly across the year
- Spread the cost of your investments with the option of regular investments
- Benefit from a full year's investment
By investing early you also maximise the benefits of your ISA which include:
- Pay no further tax on any income, or Capital Gains tax on, your ISA returns, no matter how much your investment grows
- Hold AIM shares in your ISA - these are free of stamp duty
- No need to include your ISA returns on your tax return
New ISA (NISA) Rules
The New ISA (NISA) rules announced in the 2014 Budget will make ISAs more flexible and increased the amount you can invest in them.
You can shelter up to £15,000 in your ISA.
You will also have greater choice about how and where you make your investments, with the new rules allowing you to:
- Invest all of your allowance in an investment or cash ISA
- Decide on how you would like to split your investment between an investment or cash ISA (up to a total of £15,000)
- Move money freely from an investment to a cash ISA
Why open an ISA with us?
We believe in straightforward investing. That's why our £20 quarterly charge includes trades up to the value of £20, and your ISA is free.
We don’t charge additional percentages on investments in your ISA - just a £10 flat fee when you buy or sell. That way you know exactly what you are paying to hold investments.
Transfer to us today and get up to £240 as a thank you (terms apply). We believe that's fair and square.
Open an account
Opening an account is easy and you will need:
- Your address details for the last three years
- Your debit card details including bank account number and sort code
- Your National Insurance (NI) number
Please be aware of the risks involved. The value of investments, and any income from them, can fall as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change. If in any doubt, please seek advice.
Call our UK team on: 0345 200 3637
Calls to this number cost no more than
calls to 01 and 02 numbers.