Making the most of your shares
Trading shares inside an ISA helps reduce the tax you pay. You don’t want to lose any of that benefit by paying additional costs, which is why our customers pay nothing extra for an ISA account.
What’s more - when you trade with us just twice a quarter (within your trading or ISA account), you don’t pay an account fee - as our £20 quarterly charge covers the commission cost of two trades.
With our cost-efficient trading and ISA accounts you get the following benefits:
- £10 flat-fee for all real-time investments charges in full
- Frequent trader rate just £5, or £1.50 for regular investing
- Fund rebates – we rebate 100% of income and commission we receive on your funds
- Ability to invest in your choice of investments or choose from our ready-made selections
- Our £20 quarterly fee covers commission charges to the value of £20 of trades
- £120 in free trading commission when you transfer your investments (terms apply)
- Add an ISA account for free when you have a trading account
Our account is backed by our extensive financial research, market opinion and integrated discussion boards – all of which are designed to give you confidence in your trading decisions.
|Comparison: Real-time Trade Commission||Standard Rate||Frequent Trader Rate||Trades required to qualify|
|Interactive Investor||£10.00||£5.00||10 per month|
|Selftrade||£12.50||£6.00||100 per quarter|
|TD Direct Investing||£12.50||£5.95||60 in previous 3 months|
|Barclays||£12.95||£6.95||25 in previous month|
|Hargreaves Lansdown||£11.95||£5.95||20 in previous month|
|Information correct as of 01/02/13. Fee shown are for real-time trades and include VAT.|
The standard commission rate applies to all initial trades. The frequent trader rate is payable based on the number of trades made in the current or previous period. Competitor rates shown are lowest available. Other pricing bands may apply between standard and lowest frequent trader rate shown.
Our service is backed by extensive financial research, market opinion and integrated discussion boards. In addition, our range of tools, filters and ready-made selections make it easy for you to research and decide on the right fund for you.
Our trading and ISA account features
As well as our cost-efficient account, our Trading and ISA account offers you a superior platform with the ability to trade flexibly with a wide range of order types across multiple investment types and stock markets:
- Flexible order types – limit, stop loss, target setting, range trading and rising buy. Limit potential losses and take control without having to monitor the markets 24/7
- Wide choice of trading options - trade UK and International shares, Investment Trusts, ETFs and funds – all in one account
- Price improvement – we’ll check prices with a number of market makers at the time of trading your shares. If we can secure an improved price on the one quoted by the market , you’ll get that one instead.
- Tax-efficient trading when you open and invest within an ISA account
- Access to one of the longest established and most engaged trading communities – see what others are trading and saying about all their investments.
The price and value of investments and their income fluctuates and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. The tax treatment of ISAs depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If in any doubt, please consult a financial adviser.