BURBERRY APPOINTS RICCARDO TISCI AS CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
1 March 2018
Burberry today announces that Riccardo Tisci has been appointed Chief Creative Officer, effective 12 March 2018.
Riccardo, who is a graduate of Central Saint Martins in London, will direct all Burberry collections and present his first for the brand in September. He will be based at Burberry's headquarters in London.
A critically acclaimed designer with expertise across womenswear, menswear, leather goods and accessories, Riccardo joins Burberry after more than a decade at Givenchy, where he was Creative Director from 2005 to 2017.
Marco Gobbetti commented:
"I am delighted that Riccardo is joining Burberry as Chief Creative Officer. Riccardo is one of the most talented designers of our time. His designs have an elegance that is contemporary and his skill in blending streetwear with high fashion is highly relevant to today's luxury consumer. Riccardo's creative vision will reinforce the ambitions we have for Burberry and position the brand firmly in luxury."
Riccardo Tisci said:
"I am honoured and delighted to be joining Burberry as its new Chief Creative Officer and reuniting with Marco Gobbetti. I have an enormous respect for Burberry's British heritage and global appeal and I am excited about the potential of this exceptional brand."
The information communicated herein is inside information
Charlotte Cowley VP, Investor Relations
020 3367 3234
Andrew Roberts VP, Corporate Relations
020 3367 3764
About Ricardo Tisci
- Born in Lombardy, Italy in 1974, Riccardo Tisci most recently held the role of Creative Director at Givenchy where he designed haute couture, womenswear, menswear, leather goods and accessories from 2005 - 2017.
- Marco Gobbetti, CEO of Burberry, and Riccardo first worked together when Marco was President and CEO of Givenchy from 2004 - 2008.
- Riccardo is well known for surrounding himself with a diverse group of collaborators, from creating costumes for work by performance artist Marina Abramovic through to directing the artwork for the multi-award winning 'Watch the Throne' album by Jay Z and Kanye West.
- He has also designed the stage outfits for world tours of Madonna, Beyoncé and Rihanna, introducing his aesthetic to an ever-widening audience.
- Riccardo has collaborated with Nike since 2014 and previously held design roles at Puma, Antonio Berardi and Ruffo Research.
- In 2013, he was awarded the International Award at the CFDA Fashion Awards.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude.
- Burberry designs and sources apparel and accessories, selling through a diversified network of retail (including digital), wholesale and licensing channels worldwide.
- At 31 December 2017, Burberry globally had 205 retail stores, 199 concessions, 57 outlets and 47 franchise stores.
- Burberry, which was founded in 1856, is headquartered in London. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Its ADR symbol is OTC:BURBY.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device and the Burberry Check are trademarks belonging to Burberry that are registered and enforced worldwide.
This information is provided by RNS