Step-by-Step Guide to transferring your Investments
Transfer your investments to Interactive Investor for our low-cost, flexible service. We'll also give you £120 in commission-free trades when your transfer by the end of July (see terms below).
Step One: Open an account
1. Register with Interactive Investor
2. On the Share Dealing, funds or ISA sections, go to the open an account page
3. Apply for an Investment and/or an ISA account - this should only take five minutes
4. You should then be able to access your new account straight away.
NB: If you already have an Investment account you can simply add an ISA account.
Step Two: Transfer your investments to us
1. To transfer your ISAs account print out, complete and return the ISA Transfer form to us
2. To transfer your trading or investment account, print out, complete and return the Investment Account Transfer form to us
3. To transfer share certificates to our online service, so that you receive dividends automatically and can view and trade your investments online, print out, complete and return the Share Certificates and Crest Transfer form(s)
4. If you already have an account with us, our internal transfer form allows you to transfer the beneficial ownership of shares or funds you own to another person. Internal Transfer Form.
You can also access these transfer forms in the Account Admin section of your Investment and ISA account.
Step Three: Continue investing with our low-cost, flexible service
So all your investments can benefit from our low-cost pricing and fund commission rebates:
- 100% rebate of all income and commission we receive on your funds
- £10 flat-fee and £5 frequent trader ratefor real-time trades
- £1.50 regular investment facility charges in full
- Trading tools, filters and independent research
- Trade Shares, Investment Trusts, ETFs and funds
- ISA and SIPP accounts available for tax-efficiency
- £20 quarterly fee includes two real-time trades or the value of £20 of trades
Terms and conditions of transfer offer
- A minimum transfer amount of £3,000 is required to qualify for this offer.
- To qualify for this offer, we will need to receive your transfer forms by 31 July 2013.
- The £120 commission credit will be added to your account in four, quarterly, instalments with the first credit of £30 being applied at the start of the next quarterly credit period (our quarterly credit periods start on 3 January, 3 April, 3 July and 3 October).
- All quarterly credit, including the transfer-offer commission credit, must be used up in the quarter it is added to your account. Any remaining commission credit will be removed from your account at the end of the quarter.
- The commission credit is applied to your overall account and can be redeemed against any trading fees you incur within your investment, ISA or SIPP account held with us (trading fees are charged at £10 for real-time UK and international trades and £1.50 for regular investments).
- The commission credit is in addition to the £20 quarterly credit which is applied to your account together with your £20 quarterly account fee.
- Your account must remain open for twelve months following the transfer to receive the full £120 in commission credit. Accounts which are closed during this time, will lose any outstanding commission credit.
- Interactive Investor reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.