Buy and sell shares, funds and bonds for just £2 with the return of our most-popular offer.
As a new customer you'll be able to take advantage of one the lowest trading rates out there as many times as you want until market close 4 January 2016. You'll also benefit from our award-winning platform and trading ideas from our investment experts. The promotional offer rate applies to trades in our Share and Fund, ISA, JISA and SIPP accounts. This promotion is available for new customers only, opening an account between 17 November 2015 and 4 January 2016. Terms and conditions below.
We'll give you a straightforward, reliable online account and IOS and Android apps
Invest tax-efficiently and add an ISA account for free
We charge a simple £20 quarterly fee, which covers your first two trades that quarter
Choose from an extensive range of funds
Consider our selection of model portfolios, which you can use to research further or to buy
Receive our award-winning newsletters from our team of journalists
Join the debate with our discussion boards and see what other people are talking about
Get tips and ideas from our investment experts
terms and conditions
1. This promotion applies only to new customers who open an account between 12:01am 17 November 2015 and 11.59pm 4 January 2016 (eligible customers). For the avoidance of doubt, this offer is not available to existing customers who open an additional account.
2. For eligible customers, the offer is for all eligible trades to be charged dealing commission at a flat rate of £2.
3. Eligible trades are those which are placed online or over the telephone (e.g. sales and/or purchases of equities, funds, ETFs etc. whether or not for immediate execution) and executed during the period from account opening until 11.59pm on the 4 January 2016, Dividend Reinvestment purchases are excluded.
4. Eligible trades can be placed in a General Investment Account, Shares ISA, Junior ISA or SIPP.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, all trades placed before, but executed after market close on 4 January 2016, and all trades placed and executed from 5 January 2016, will be charged at the rate applicable to you at the time of execution, as set out in our Charges.
6. The quarterly account fee for the period to end March 2016 will be charged on 9 January 2016 and the associated dealing commission credit added to your account for use during that period.
7. All trades, whether or not at the promotional rate, are subject our Terms and Conditions and other costs may apply (e.g. Stamp Duty, PTM levy, International trade FX margin) as set out in our Charges.
8. Customers who are re-opening an account with Interactive Investor must have had their account closed for a minimum of 30 days when they reapply. If you are within the 30 calendar days the promotional rate will be removed from your account, any difference in trading commission between promotional rate and standard rate will be taken and the standard rate applied to future trades.
9. Interactive Investor reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion without prior notice at any time.
We have 20 years' experience of helping people invest online and are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All customer investments are held electronically. If you have cash in your account this is entirely separate from the company's finances and Interactive Investor has no access to those assets. Your cash and holdings are protected up to the limits provided by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and a full set of accounts and shareholder information is available at Companies House. With secure customer log in and encrypted data throughout, we offer a service you can rely on.
knowing the risks
The value of investments, and any income from them, can fall as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change. If in any doubt, please seek advice.