Open an account and transfer the administration of your investments to us
- The Transfer process is absolutely free
- Setting up an account takes five minutes and can be done online
- Interactive Investor’s charges are among the very lowest in the UK
- Benefit from the best content and tools in the business and our uniquely interact with other like-minded investors
- We’re on your side – negotiating the best deals with the industry and providing the most comprehensive support
Transfer your investments to us so you can track and manage them from one place. We'll also give you £120 in commission-free trades when your transfer by the end of July (see terms below).
What are transfers-in?
Transfers-in are when you change the administrator of your investments to a different plan manager. You can aggregate any pensions or investments that are currently residing with other advisers or providers and control those investments yourself. Changing managers won’t affect your allowance for the current tax year or your tax benefits if your investments are in an ISA(s).
How do I transfer funds or shares?
First, you’ll need to have an active investment or ISA account with us. To open an account:
Apply for an Interactive Investor Account - this should only take five minutes
You should then be able to access your new account straightaway.
NB: If you already have an Interactive Investor Account you can simply add an ISA, SIPP or Fund account.
Once you’ve opened your account you can arrange to transfer-in your other investments:
For ISAs, print out, complete and return the ISA Transfer form to us
For investments / funds, print out, complete and return the Investment Account Transfer form to us
To be able to trade share certificates online, print out, complete and return the Share Certificates and Crest Transfer form(s)
Once we receive your transfer form, we'll get in touch with your incumbent administrator and move your assets to the Interactive Investor platform. We'll let you know when this has been completed.
How much can I transfer?
The minimum limit per transfer application is £20, there is no maximum amount.
Why transfer your investment to Interactive Investor?
- Manage all your investments from one place
- Get up-to-the-minute valuations of all your investments
- Switch into new sectors and shares or funds whenever you choose
- Change your investments without losing tax benefits
- Reduce your paperwork
Managing your investments in one place gives you greater access to your assets, so keeping track of them is quicker and easier-to-manage.
What is the difference between transferring investments as cash or units?
Transferring investments as cash
The cash transfer method is when your current provider sells your investment and the cash from the sale is transferred to Interactive Investor. Once the transfer is complete you have the choice to reinvest in the same investment or to reinvest in a different share or fund.
Transferring investments as stock / units
The unit transfer method (also known as in specie), is when the name of the nominee account manager is changed from your current providers name and re-registered as Interactive Investor ("Investor Nominees").
Can I transfer-in Cash ISAs?
You can transfer-in Cash ISAs by following the same process as above. The transfer of Cash ISAs will usually complete in 2-3 weeks. Please note that while you can transfer Cash ISAs into an Investment ISA, the ISA regulations do not allow you to transfer back.
Step-by-Step Transfers In Guide
Step 1: Open an ISA Account
- Register with Interactive Investor
- On the Share Dealing or ISA sections, go to the Open An Account page
- Apply for an Investment and/or an ISA account - this should only take five minutes
- You should then be able to access your new account straightaway.
NB: If you already have an Investment account you can simply add an ISA account.
Step 2: Transfer your investments to us
- For ISAs, print out, complete and return the ISA Transfer form to us
- For investments, print out, complete and return the Investment Account Transfer form to us
- If you wish to transfer your share certificates to our online service, print out, complete and return the Share Certificates and Crest Transfer form(s)
- You can also access these transfer forms in the Account Admin section of your Investment and ISA account.
Step 3: Continue investing with our low-cost, flexible service
- All funds at 0% initial commission
- Over 2,800 funds to choose from - no initial charge on funds
- Buy new shares for just £1.50 with Portfolio Builder
- Regular investment plans for funds and share dealing
- Investment Ideas and trading research to support your decisions
Terms and conditions of transfer offer
- A minimum transfer amount of £3,000 is required to qualify for this offer.
- To qualify for this offer, we will need to receive your transfer forms by 31 July 2013.
- The £120 commission credit will be added to your account in four, quarterly, instalments with the first credit of £30 being applied at the start of the next quarterly credit period (our quarterly credit periods start on 3 January, 3 April, 3 July and 3 October).
- The commission credit is applied to your overall account and can be redeemed against any trading fees you incur within your investment, ISA or SIPP account held with us (trading fees are charged at £10 for real-time UK and international trades and £1.50 for regular investments).
- All quarterly credit, including the transfer-offer commission credit, must be used up in the quarter it is added to your account. Any remaining commission credit will be removed from your account at the end of the quarter.
- The commission credit is in addition to the £20 quarterly credit which is applied to your account together with your £20 quarterly account fee.
- Your account must remain open for twelve months following the transfer to receive the full £120 in commission credit. Accounts which are closed during this time, will lose any outstanding commission credit.
- Interactive Investor reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
Open an account
Please be aware of the risks involved. The value of investments, and any income from them, can fall as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change. If in any doubt, please seek advice.
Need help? Call
0845 200 3637
Or email us your query
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded Best Market Newsletter – City of London Wealth Management Awards
- Rated first for the cost of our service and the quality of our content – The Platforum Guide 2013
- Our new pricing was featured as Deal of the Week in June 2012 - Financial Times
- Ranked first out of 23 fund supermarkets in May 2012 - Which? Magazine
- Voted Winner – Value for money - Investment Trends – July 2011
Find out more on our About Us page
£5 Frequent Trader Rate
Introducing our £5 frequent trader rate. Make 10 UK equity trades within a month, and any further UK equity trades in that month will be charged at £5.
Find out more.
Respond to breaking news, wherever you are, with our new web app. Review your holdings, search for shares and trade on the move.
Find out more
Open a Self-Select ISA
Open a self-select ISA and invest in funds, shares, ETFs and investment trusts - tax efficiently and with low cost trading and no ISA administration fee.
Open a self-select ISA