- We take our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and all related regulations ("the Act") very seriously and have taken steps to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act.
What Personal Data do we collect and why
- When you register and use the Site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
The principal purposes for which we process and store your Personal Data are:
- to allow you to personalise services provided via the Site (for example, allowing you to create and customise your own portfolios);
- to speed up the application process for Trading Services (for example, by collecting personal details we can pre-populate new applications and other forms on the Site saving you time in filling in those details);
- to monitor, improve and administer the Site and the services provided on the Site;
- to enable Service Providers to assist in providing, maintaining and operating the Trading Services;
- to enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles;
- to enable us to conduct prize draws which you have entered via the Site;
- to provide you with information on selected products and selected services that we think may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to do so); and
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- to contact you to ensure customer satisfaction in respect of our role as a site provider and assist you in getting the best value from our service.
Full details of the purposes are set out in our Data Protection registration.
- As part of our customer service we may also share your Personal Data with other companies so that we can provide you with appropriate information about our or other company's products and selected services. You will be able to indicate on the Site if you do not wish to receive such information. You may also notify us at any time on the "My Profile" page on the Site or by contacting the Interactive Investor Contact Centre on 0845 88 00 267 if you decide you do not want to receive such information.
- If you decide you would rather not receive email communications on selected products and selected services then you can unsubscribe from these by:
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails; or
- by going to ‘Newsletter subscription’ section of ‘My Account’.
Security of your Personal Data
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
- For further information on the security of the Site and your Personal Data please click here to view our Security Policy.
Communications between us
- We may intercept, record and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between you and us. We may do so in order to resolve queries in the future and for the purposes of ensuring security, staff training and complying with our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
- In the case of communications by email you should note that as emails are not currently encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed you must NOT provide your security details by email and should avoid providing any Personal Data to us by email. We will not provide Personal Data to you be email.
- We have certain responsibilities under the Money Laundering Regulations 2003 and the FSA Rules to verify the identity of clients and may need to make certain enquiries and obtain certain information from you for that purpose. You confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may disclose such information as we consider necessary to comply with any reporting or legal and regulatory requirements.
- You agree that we may disclose to the FSA and to any other regulatory authority to which we are subject and to any investment exchange on which we may deal or to its related clearing house (or to investigators, inspectors or agents appointed by them), or to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you or, if relevant, any of your clients.
Obtaining copies of and changing your Personal Data
In the event that you wish to see a copy of your Personal Data held by us please visit the "My Profiles" page on the Site or write to:
The Interactive Investor Data Protection Officer
Interactive Investor Trading Limited
21 Mansell Street,
- We will amend or delete any Personal Data relating to you which is found to be incorrect or not relevant in accordance with the Act. If you are aware of any changes that should be made to your Personal Data please visit the "My Profiles" page on the Site or otherwise notify the Interactive Investor Contact Centre on 0845 88 00 267 as soon as possible.
How to contact us
You can contact us by:
- By telephone: 0845 200 3637
- By writing to us at: Interactive Investor, Standon House, 21 Mansell Street, London E1 8AA
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org