Portfolios - the beating heart of your investments
- You can only fully appreciate a portfolio when you’ve got one, so look at our range here
- Set up different portfolios – a ‘virtual’ portfolio to get your existing holdings rated and a real one allowing you to trade
- You can view other people’s portfolios – see what they’re doing differently and ask questions on strategy
- You can even set portfolio alerts
- Mobile portfolios now available
We have two types of portfolio with which you can monitor your investments: a free virtual portfolio and - once you open an Account - a real portfolio, allowing you to see the progress of your holdings 24/7, online or via your mobile device.
The portfolio in our Account lets you monitor and trade all the investments you already hold, whether they be shares, investment trusts, funds, ETFs or cash. You can transfer money to your Account online, using a debit card to make additional investments, or you can sell holdings and withdraw the proceeds or use them to buy into a different investment.
Our renowned virtual portfolio has been consistently enhanced over the last 15 years and offers investors the chance to enter any existing investments and monitor them on a real-time basis. You cannot buy and sell from this portfolio unless you have an Account with us, but you can compile watchlists and various objective-specific portfolios (e.g. 'Charlie's School Fees Fund').
The two portfolios can work well together as you can use our FREE virtual portfolio to monitor potential investments and keep an eye on real investments you might hold elsewhere (you will need to register for free to use this).
However, by transferring-in any investments you hold elsewhere (you may have bought them online elsewhere, or via an IFA, or a pension from a past employer) into our Interactive Investor Account, you can assess the performance of your holdings and replace poorly performing assets with better ones.
If you find the thought of building a portfolio from the ground up is a bit daunting, we have 12 different model portfolios created by the experts at Money Observer. There are six growth and six income portfolios spanning medium-risk and higher-risk profiles with a range of time horizons and income requirements. They contain investment trusts, unit trusts and OEICs.
Our new web app is optimised for mobile trading and lets you:
- Buy and sell real-time UK shares, Internationals and Funds
- View your portfolio in your Investment, ISA and SIPP accounts
- Buy funds, UK and international shares for a £10 flat fee
- Search for stocks and view data, price information and discussion boards
- Set up, view and delete limit orders
- View cash statements and trading history
To access the app visit m.iii.co.uk using the browser on your mobile device.
Open an account
Please be aware of the risks involved. The value of investments, and any income from them, can fall as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change. If in any doubt, please seek advice.
Need help? Call
0845 200 3637
Or email us your query
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded Best Market Newsletter – City of London Wealth Management Awards
- Rated first for the cost of our service and the quality of our content – The Platforum Guide 2013
- Our new pricing was featured as Deal of the Week in June 2012 - Financial Times
- Ranked first out of 23 fund supermarkets in May 2012 - Which? Magazine
- Voted Winner – Value for money - Investment Trends – July 2011
Find out more on our About Us page
£5 Frequent Trader Rate
Introducing our £5 frequent trader rate. Make 10 UK equity trades within a month, and any further UK equity trades in that month will be charged at £5.
Find out more.
Respond to breaking news, wherever you are, with our new web app. Review your holdings, search for shares and trade on the move.
Find out more
Open a Self-Select ISA
Open a self-select ISA and invest in funds, shares, ETFs and investment trusts - tax efficiently and with low cost trading and no ISA administration fee.
Open a self-select ISA