Why it matters where you buy your funds
Most people spend a lot of time picking the right fund, but did you know picking where you buy your fund can also make a difference? With our fund rebates the exact same funds you’re invested in now, could be working harder for you.
We rebate 100% of all income and commission we receive on your funds. This can have a significant impact on your returns, particularly over time.
Different providers offer you different levels of rebate, with some offering no rebate at all. As just one illustration of this, the following example shows the difference in what your tax-efficient SIPP portfolio would be worth if you invested though Interactive Investor rather than with a provider who pays you no rebate:
|Interactive Investor||Provider paying no rebate ||Difference|
|Year 1||£ 105,987.16||Year 1||£ 105,500.00||£ 487.16|
|Year 5||£ 133,844.64||Year 5||£ 130,696.00||£ 3,148.64|
|Year 10||£ 179,436.28||Year 10||£ 170,814.45||£ 8,621.83|
|Year 15||£ 240,852.16||Year 15||£ 223,247.65||£ 17,604.51|
|Year 20||£ 323,584.65||Year 20||£ 291,775.75||£ 31,808.90|
|Figures are based on an initial investment of £100,000 into a SIPP with a gross yield of 7% and a net yield of 5.5% after deduction of 1.5% AMC. It assumes an average rebate of 0.64% for Interactive Investor versus a provider who pays no rebate. Pricing is subject to change. In the example above the fund and any income received is reinvested. The Interactive Investor return is net of the £120 + VAT annual Interactive Investor SIPP fee.|
Investing with our account
We pride ourselves on offering competitive, transparent pricing. Investing in funds with our account gives you the following benefits:
- Fund rebates – we rebate 100% of income and commission we receive on your funds
- £10 flat-fee for all real-time investments charges in full
- Frequent trader rate just £5, or £1.50 for regular investing
- Our £20 quarterly fee covers commission charges to the value of £20 of trades
- Get £120 in free trading commission when you transfer your investments (terms apply)
- Ability to include your own choice of funds or pick from our Ready-Made Selections
- Add an ISA account for free when you have a trading account
Our service is backed by extensive financial research, market opinion and integrated discussion boards. In addition, our range of tools, filters and ready-made selections make it easy for you to research and decide on the right fund for you.
Helping you to choose the right investments for you
We have several ways to help you pinpoint and shortlist potential investments to research further:
- Investment search – quickly pinpoint investments you want to research further
- Shortlisting tools – create a shortlist of funds or a shortlist of shares based on your own investing criteria
- Performance tables – look at our tables of winners and losers, most bought and sold investments and more
- Ready-made selections – consider one of our pre-selected options to research further
- Investment inspiration – read a wealth of articles, analysis and opinion
Investing within an ISA
With our ISA account you can invest in your own choice of funds, shares and other investments. All your investments will be tax efficient and you can buy and sell, while taking advantage of our low-cost, straightforward pricing.
If you already have a trading account, you can open and hold an ISA with us for no extra charge.
The price and value of investments and their income fluctuates and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. The tax treatment of ISAs depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If in any doubt, please consult a financial adviser.