ImmuPharma appoints opinion leaders to advisory board
ImmuPharma - the specialist drug discovery and development company - has appointed some of the world's most eminent physicians to provide scientific advice and support for Lupuzor's pivotal phase III programme. The five scientific advisory foard members are:
* Dr. Daniel Wallace, associate director, Rheumatology Fellowship Programme, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, Clinical Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and expert reviewer, Medical Board of California.
* Prof. David Isenberg, Professor of Rheumatology, University College Hospital, London
* Prof. Vibeke Strand, Clinical Professor, Adjunct, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University School of Medicine
* Prof. Cees GM Kallenberg, Professor, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Centre Groningen
* Dr. Lee S. Simon, Principal, SDG LLC and former FDA Division Director ImmuPharma president and chief scientific officer Dr Robert Zimmer said: "We are delighted and honoured to be associated and have the support of such a group of prominent physicians in the area of lupus.
"It has to be noted that Dan Wallace was a co-author of a publication Zimmer et al. ACR 2012 showing that Lupuzor was able to improve (according to the standard criteria) more than 60% of the patients after only 3 injections and that this number increased up to 80% in a sub-set of the patient population 3 months thereafter even without treatment.
"These results are by far the best ever seen in a Lupus study and are due to the novel mechanism of action of Lupuzor which tackles specifically the intrinsic biological events constitutive of the Lupus disease at a very upstream level, which is not the case for the currently approved Monoclonial Antibody therapies which act downstream with poorer efficacy results.
"It is an important step as we go forward with Lupuzor towards starting phase III and we look forward to announcing further news of our progress in due course."
At 9:42am: (LON:IMM) Internet Music & Media share price was +0.13p at 37.88p
Open a free research account
|Bid / Ask||122.5 / 124|
|Day Range||113 / 127|
|52Week Range||43.44 / 193.00|
|Last Update: 17:47:43 (23/03/18)|